With the 22.214.171.124 release of the NativeX Unity Plugin, we’ve changed the structure of the Android component of the plugin, that may require some modifications to your project. We’ve moved the NativeX Android SDK and plugin into an Android lib project type structure with its own separate AndroidManifest.xml, that the Unity build process for Android will automatically merge with other lib projects or plugins that you may be using.
If you haven’t imported the NativeX Unity Plugin before, there isn’t anything you need to do; just import the current version and follow the documentation at New Unity Plugin Integration Guide.
If you have already imported a previous version of the NativeX Unity Plugin (pre v126.96.36.199), follow the directions below.
Description of the changes:
We’ve moved the jar files associated with NativeX Android SDK and Plugin into “Assets/Plugins/Android/NativeXPlugin/libs” directory. We’ve added “Assets/Plugins/Android/NativeXPlugin/project.properties” file, which lets Unity’s Android build process know that this should be treated as a library. We’ve also moved the NativeX required manifest entries into “Assets/Plugins/Android/NativeXPlugin/AndroidManifest.xml”; this file will automatically be merged with any other Android manifest files found.
Specific steps for upgrading from a previous version of the NativeX Unity Plugin, perform these steps to do some cleanup:
- in Assets/Plugins/Android/ directory, delete the following files:
- Clean up NativeX entries from “Assets/Plugins/Android/AndroidManifest.xml”:
- Note: if you don’t have any other custom entries in AndroidManifest.xml (either from your own project or another plugin) it may be safe to delete the file altogether
- Otherwise, make sure these nodes are deleted:
- <activity android:name=”com.nativex.videoplayer.VideoActivity” …>
- <receiver android:name=”com.nativex.DeepLinkReceiver” >… </receiver>
- (if it exists) <activity android:name=”com.nativex.monetization.activities.InterstitialActivity” … />
- Finally, import the latest version of the NativeX Unity Plugin .unitypackage
If you have any questions or issues, please contact our support team at http://nativexselfservice.uservoice.com/.